Saturday 15 January 2011

The boring post lacking information

Hello and welcome to my first blog. Long story short, I have decided to build my own computer and I will be brainstorming ideas and posting how I will build it step by step on here. I've always had a love for computers ever since I was a child but the thought of building one was always a baffling one. Thankfully I spent the last few months researching on the interne and hopefully within the next few months I'll have a top of the range gaming computer! Here are the specs I'm thinking about going with:

i5 2500K CPU
GTX 470 GPU
650W 80+ Corsair PSU
4GB G Skill Ripjaws 1333 RAM
CM 690 II
Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD
GA P67A-UD4
And of course the standard DVD Drive and whatnot.

Its been a bit of a pain to update my build since Sandy Bridge (The new Intel Chipset) came out the other day. Prices (and thankfully performance) have increased quite a bit.

Oh I'd just like to add that www.tinyurl.com/falconguide is probably the handiest guide on the net about learning to do this, so please spend some time reading it, it's incredibly helpful.

-Jakku

2 comments:

  1. I have a question, you seem to know about computers, I am interested in the DJ sort of software, can you recommend some programs for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey duquem321, look into Serato and Traktor. They are the industry standard right now for DJ software. A lot of DJs use Ableton Live on stage too. Coming from a producer's background I love Ableton and I would use it for all DJing if I had the choice.

    Also coming from an OpenSource background, look at a program called Mixxx. It's an amazing (FREE!) program that is a good starting place. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete